Recipe Cuisine Indian |Recipe Category : Snacks
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins |Serves: 4 cups
Gram four/kadalai mavu – 2 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Hot oil + Melted Butter – 5 tbsp + 2 tbsp
Omam – 1/8 cup
Salt – As needed
Oil – for deep frying
- Dry roast omam until it becomes warm and let it cool. Mix it coarsely in mixer by adding little water. Filter this and keep aside.
- Sieve well the gram flour, rice flour and add salt to the sieved flour. Add butter and oil to the flour and knead dough roughly. Now add the filtered omam water.
- Add water little by little carefully and make a sticky dough. Heat up the oil and test with a little dough. It should float within few seconds once you put it in. I used idayappam presser for omapodi.
- While pressing on the hot oil, do not overlap as it will merge with one another. Turn carefully once the bubble ceases.
- Drain in paper towel and break it as per your need. Enjoy!