Preparation time : 3 hours | Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves : 12 vadas
Sago (Javvarisi) – 1 cup
Potato – 4 medium sized
Roasted Peanut – 1/2 cup
Shallots – 1/2 cup chopped
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 3 chopped finely
Salt – as needed
Lemon juice – 3 tsp
- Soak sago in water for 3 hours. Drain them completely.
2. Powder the peanut, chop and keep all the ingredients readily available. Boil the potato for 3 whistles.
3. Mash the potatoes well and mix together the rest of the ingredients to the sago.
4. Pour lemon juice finally to the dough and make vada sized balls.
5. Deep fry the vadas in hot oil until it becomes golden brown. Drain the oil in the paper towel and serve hot. Enjoy!