Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 4 to 5
Rice Flour – 1 cup ( I used Idiyappam rice flour)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cardamom pods – 1tsp
Water – 1 1/2 cup (approx.)
Coconut Milk – 2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup or to taste
- In a bowl take the rice flour, add salt and water and make it like a dosa batter consistency as shown in the picture. Mix it without lump.
- Now heat a non stick kadai and pour the batter. On medium heat keep stirring it until it thickens and leaves the pan sides and mould into a dough.
- Switch off the stove and remove the dough to a bowl and give sometimes to cool down. Add oil to it and knead into a smooth dough.Apply oil on the hands and make small balls of desired size. Gooseberry size of balls would be fine.
- Now heat the ordinary milk in a kadai. When it comes to good boil, add the balls one by one. Don’t use spatula at this point as it may break the balls.
- After a minute add the sugar and cardamom pods. Then give 10 minutes standard time for the balls to cook.
- Once it starts boiling add the coconut milk slowly. Mix well and serve. Serve this in room temperature.