Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 to 30 mins
Serves : 4
Paneer – 200 grams cubed
Butter – 2 tblspn
Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1tsp
Onion – 1 large finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tblspn chopped finely
Garlic – 1 tblspn chopped finely
Capsicum / Bell pepper – 1/2 chopped finely
Tomatoes – 2 large pureed
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 tblspn
Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste Sugar – 1 tsp
Kasuri Methi Leaves / Dried Fenugreek leaves – 1 tblspn
Water as needed
Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
1. First soak the cubed paneer in a hot water for 15 minutes. Simultaneously boil the tomatoes to get puree. I microwaved it for 2 mins on high. You can boil on the stove top for 5 mins. Grind the tomatoes in a mixer once it become cool.
2. Chop the capsicum and onion in the cube size. Heat butter in a pan, add in cumin seeds and let them splatter.
3. Add in onions, salt and sugar. Adding sugar will make the onions crunchy. Saute till it gets golden.
4. Add in ginger and garlic, capsicum to the onions.. Now saute it for a minute until aroma rises.
5. Add in tomato puree and cook till butter separates from the mix. Add in all the spice powders and mix well.
6. Add in water and bring it to a boil. Then add the tomato sauce and soy sauce to the mixture. while boiling
7. Add in paneer cubes and mix well. Add in kasuri methi leaves. Simmer this for few more mins.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with roti/ naan/ chapathi. Enjoy.